Clinical Medical Assistant Pediatric Specialist
The Clinical Medical Assisting Pediatric Specialist program is designed to prepare students to function as professionals in multiple healthcare settings. Medical assistants with a clinical background perform various clinical tasks including assisting with the administration of medications and with minor procedures, performing an EKG electrocardiogram, obtaining laboratory specimens for testing, educating patients, and other related tasks. Trained Pediatric Medical Assistants are sought after highly for their ability to maintain assistance with pediatric patients. By gaining training in pediatric specialization, students will possess the skills required to work in a pediatric healthcare role. Job opportunities are prevalent with physician’s offices, clinics, chiropractor’s offices, hospitals, and outpatient facilities.
This program prepares students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, pharmacology, taking and documenting vital signs, technical aspects of phlebotomy, the 12-lead EKG, and the cardiac life cycle.
The purpose of the Clinical Medical Assisting Pediatric Specialist program is to prepare students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Clinical responsibilities of the medical office -assisting the physician with patient related care
- Preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine procedures and diagnostic testing
- HIPAA, patient confidentiality, legal aspects of healthcare and regulatory patient care issues
- Recording and taking of vital signs, blood pressure, and other patient care items related to the physician office visit
- Review and administration of medications, allergies & other pharmacology related items
- Laboratory procedures, phlebotomy and the proper techniques required to collect specimens for laboratory analysis
- Cardiology and the proper placement of leads when taking a 12 lead EKG
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Exam
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technician (ASPT) Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Exam
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Exam
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.