Computer Technician (CompTIA A+)
The Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) training offers a standard competency for entry-level service technicians in the computer industry. Earning CompTIA A+ Certification means that an individual possesses the knowledge, skills and customer service skills necessary to be a successful computer service technician offering a nationally-recognized and industry-recognized credential for new entrants into the field. Indeed, CompTIA A+ certification is the most widely-recognized certifications available across the IT industry.
The CompTIA A+ course will build upon students’ existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware in order to present fundamental concepts and techniques that technicians will use every day on the job. Upon completing this course, students will gain the essential skills and technical expertise necessary to install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, repair and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. The CompTIA A+ course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for a career in PC support. The course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 certification exams. Course topics include installation, configuration, preventative maintenance of PC hardware components, and the basics of networking, security, virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment. Students will also gain knowledge of diagnostic and troubleshooting processes for various types of technical issues.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components, devices, and connectors
- Windows Operating System: Installing and supporting the Windows OS including command line and client support
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting PC, laptop, and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understanding types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, SOHO
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting device and network issues
- Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and network connections
- Mobile Devices: Installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices (wearable technology, fitness monitors, etc.) including cloud computing
- Other OS and Technologies: Understanding the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Operational Procedures: Following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, communication, and professionalism
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exams (220-901 and 220-902)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam.
INote: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.