Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect
This comprehensive program starts with foundational instruction on Amazon Web Services with coverage on cloud computing and available AWS services, as well as a guided hands-on look at using services such as EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud), S3 (Simple Storage Service), and more. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) course is designed to provide a solid foundational understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure-as-a-service products. The course covers concepts necessary to understand cloud computing platforms, working with virtual machines, storage in the cloud, security, high availability, and more.
This program continues on with the knowledge necessary to pass the AWS Solutions Architect (Associate) certification exam, including an in-depth review of AWS architecture principles and best practices, and technical details pertaining to the implementation of services in accordance with the Well Architected Framework as published by Amazon Web Services.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) course was developed specifically for the latest edition of the exam released in February of 2018. The AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification is ideal for anyone in a solutions architect or similar technical role, and this course is designed to help you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam.
Throughout this program, we will cover all the key areas addressed in the exam and review a number of use cases designed to help you ingrain the principles and practices on which this certification is based so that you have an intellectual framework with which to formulate the correct answers. We will use a combination of demonstrations, architectural diagram walkthroughs, and case studies to help you understand the tools available to you for passing the exam. Throughout this course you will gain a deeper understanding of AWS architecture following the five pillars of the well-architected framework. Demonstrations of Amazon Web Services and third-party cloud solutions are included to provide a clear guide to understanding the services offered by Amazon Web Services and the needs those services meet.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Employ proper security and networking methods in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understand computing in AWS
- Understand storage in AWS
- Use databases and employing analytics in AWS
- Use AWS developer and management tools
- Use AWS mobile and application services
- Understand high availability & fault tolerance
- Identify key, useful resources and materials that require studying in order to pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) exam
- Understand high availability principles, calculate services availability and how to plan for applications to be truly highly available
- Understand how network topology contributes to a more resilient infrastructure
- Understand how to achieve reliable infrastructure and applications in AWS, which requires consideration of capacity, and application and database resilience
- Identify the principles and service details that can help in the design of performant networks in AWS
- Explain compute performance and how the use of any particular instance type or leveraging containers can help improve application performance
- Identify the various database solutions for both relational and non-relational data
- Explain how DynamoDB and other data models affect performance and how it can be improved for write- or read-heavy applications
- Explain the use of fully managed and powerful services such as kinesis, lambda, elastic container service and API gateway
- Explain how event-driven and serverless infrastructures can improve the performance of our applications
- Understand how securing account credentials and ensuring proper access to resources is a vital first step in securing infrastructure, applications and data
- Discuss options that can be leveraged to create a more secure environment
- Monitor every aspect of the infrastructure and create an environment in which nothing goes unnoticed or unrecorded using various features, options and practices
- Identify and employ principles and techniques that can guide securing infrastructure most effectively
- Secure data using access controls, as well as encryption in transit and at rest
- Understand the various AWS cost models including often overlooked cost contributors for various services
- Implement AWS in a way that maximizes agility and flexibility to achieve operation excellence for organizations
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.