This program provides learners with the information and skills they need to succeed in their studies, including setting academic goals, managing time and financial resources to meet those goals, and developing an awareness of how they learn. Participants also build thinking, listening, reading, study skills, note-taking, test-taking, and information literacy skills. The program also includes discussions on stress management and career development.
Throughout this program, learners will apply critical thinking skills to solve problems and evaluate situations. The skills participants learn from this program will be essential to student success not only in the academic context, but will also carry over to any professional undertakings thereafter.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Create long- and short-term goals that align with your personal mission statement
- Create an academic time-management plan
- Create long- and short-term financial goals
- Solve a problem using critical and creative thinking
- Recommend effective learning strategies for your learning preferences
- Create class notes using active listening techniques
- Create reading notes using active reading techniques
- Recommend strategies for studying for and taking a test
- Recommend strategies to appropriately communicate with diverse audiences, including peers, instructors, and teams
- Evaluate sources for reliability, credibility, currency, and accuracy
- Create a stress-management plan
- Create a career exploration plan
- Use Microsoft Office®