Program Management Professional for PgMP®
As a program manager, you’re a senior-level practitioner on the forefront of advancing your organization’s strategic goals. You manage multiple, related projects in a coordinated way, achieving benefits that could not occur if the projects were handled separately. Your leadership is instrumental. With program management maturity, an organization’s projects are far more successful than without it — 76 percent compared to 54 percent according to our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. The Program Management Professional (PgMP)® is a visible sign of your advanced experience and skill and gives you a distinct advantage in employment and promotion.
This course provides a comprehensive preparation for the Program Management Professional (PgMP)® certification exam including exam-taking tips, comprehensive module quizzes, and over 200 practice questions covering the areas of knowledge as described in PMI's Program Management Professional Exam Content Specification. After successful completion, you will receive 25 PDUs/contact hours to qualify to take the PMI® Program Management Professional® Exam. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second practice test. Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute's® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Explain the overlapping nature of program activities, interdependencies, and the five Program Management Performance Domains
- Prepare effectively to pass the PMI-PgMP Exam
- Illustrate how organizational strategic objectives are related to program management and benefits delivery
- Explain how benefits are transferred and sustained effectively
- Recognize how to effectively manage resources and communicate with all stakeholders
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate program activities
- Explain the stages of the program life cycle
- Recognize the goal of governance in program management
- Recognize best practices in risk management
- Use Microsoft Office®
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Exam
NOTE: PMI requires candidates for the CAPM Exam to meet additional eligibility requirements:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent) plus 1,500 hours of project experience, OR
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner.