Business Math Specialist
Math skills are fundamental to sound business skills. The ability to analyze and interpret data is more and more valued in this data- and information-driven world. Interpreting data for business – no matter what sector it is – is imperative to making informed decisions. And with information and data so much more widely available than ever before, there’s no excuse not to use this information to make sound business decisions every day. Algebra and statistics are fundamental skills individuals require for success regardless of the industry they enter, particularly in pursuing careers in Business or Computer Science.
This program applies math fundamentals to business applications. Topics include a basic math review, business statistics, profit calculations, payroll, banking, interest calculations, insurance, taxes, and other business topics. Upon completion of this program, learners will have a fundamental understanding of how to solve mathematical problems as they pertain to various business transactions. Further, students will also analyze common business problems using mathematical equations and concepts as well as useful business statistics calculations.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Solve mathematical problems using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Reconcile bank statements
- Solve equations
- Analyze business problems using percentages and statistical concepts
- Apply mathematical concepts to business problems involving pricing and discounts
- Explain various payroll issues that affect employers and employees
- Apply mathematical concepts to business lending transactions
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving annuities and stocks and bonds
- Calculate various mortgage problems
- Apply various depreciation methods
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving inventory
- Calculate various insurance and tax transactions
- Analyze financial statements using mathematical concepts
- Use Microsoft Office®
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
- National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Business Math (B-MATH)
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.