Business Math Specialist
Math skills are fundamental to sound business skills. The ability to analyze and interpret data is more and more valued in this data- and information-driven world. Interpreting data for business – no matter what sector it is – is imperative to making informed decisions. And with information and data so much more widely available than ever before, there’s no excuse not to use this information to make sound business decisions every day. Algebra and statistics are fundamental skills individuals require for success regardless of the industry they enter, particularly in pursuing careers in Business or Computer Science.
This program applies math fundamentals to business applications. Topics include a basic math review, business statistics, profit calculations, payroll, banking, interest calculations, insurance, taxes, and other business topics. Upon completion of this program, learners will have a fundamental understanding of how to solve mathematical problems as they pertain to various business transactions. Further, students will also analyze common business problems using mathematical equations and concepts as well as useful business statistics calculations.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Solve mathematical problems using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Reconcile bank statements
- Solve equations
- Analyze business problems using percentages and statistical concepts
- Apply mathematical concepts to business problems involving pricing and discounts
- Explain various payroll issues that affect employers and employees
- Apply mathematical concepts to business lending transactions
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving annuities and stocks and bonds
- Calculate various mortgage problems
- Apply various depreciation methods
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving inventory
- Calculate various insurance and tax transactions
- Analyze financial statements using mathematical concepts
- Use Microsoft Office®
See where this program is available
No Grant options for this school yet.