Business Communication Professional
This program offers Learners the basic competencies involved in effective communication and team work between those at the very top of a company through to middle management, first-line supervision and line workers. Clear and concise communication is a must for today’s fast-paced business world. Business professionals require the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively on a range of complex subjects. Communication between staff and management, with clients and prospective clients, requires the utmost clarity to ensure expectations are met and decisions can be made on the basis of accurate information. Without effective communication skills, both menial tasks and strategic business decisions can result in costly mistakes for any organization. Moreover, effective business communication can mean the difference between closing a deal with a prospective client or losing their business altogether.
Whether in writing or speaking, effective communication is a must for business managers at all levels as well as those seeking promotion into higher ranks. Learners will be introduced to the fundamental strategies behind effective business communication alongside potential barriers that may inhibit these efforts. Learners will be introduced to technology that will facilitate their communication efforts, gain insight into effective oral presentations as well as visual aids that can help in these efforts. This program will also ensure you learn to write faster without sacrificing clarity making sure they can avoid common errors, resolve issues effectively and increase credibility overall by communicating exactly what they mean to their audience without all the extraneous, unnecessary material. Participants will also learn effective strategies to revise and fine-tune every kind of business document to convey the exact meaning they intend in the most effective way possible. For those looking at a career in sales or any client-facing position, the business communication course is a must, but it’s also a great tool for anyone getting started in an office environment to have a mastery of these skills.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate elements of effective business communication
- Explain barriers that can create ineffective communication
- Analyze ethical issues related to communication
- Examine how technology has impacted business communications
- Explain the importance of intercultural communication in the business setting
- Use the English language appropriately in business communications
- Write an effective business message
- Develop effective visual aids for a business proposal
- Prepare an oral presentation
- Create a resume, application letter, and follow-up messages
- Define communication
- Describe effective listening skills
- Deliver a clear message to listeners
- Use appropriate questions in communicating with others
- Explain why communication is important in helping people learn
- Identify best practices for delivering successful presentations
- Use effective business writing skills
- Identify the correct audience and purpose for business communication
- Organize topics for business communication
- Identify the types of business writing
- Describe correct sentence structure
- Use appropriate language in business communication
- Explain the elements of direct and forceful writing
- Describe revising and editing techniques
- Use Microsoft Office®
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner.