Network Technician (CompTIA Network+)
The Network Technician (CompTIA Network+) course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become an IT network technician. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure as well as describe networking technologies, understand basic design principles, adhere to wiring standards, and use testing tools. Additional job titles include network technician, network installer, network administrator, help desk technician and IT cable installer. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA Network+ Certification exam.
The Network Technician (CompTIA Network+) program is designed to prepare students to function as computer professionals in multiple technical, business, and healthcare settings. Net+ technicians serve many technical support and IT operation roles with job titles such Network Administrator, Network Field Technician, IS Consultant, Help Desk Technician, Network Support Specialist, and Network Analyst. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- ? Networking Concepts: Understanding the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implementing them appropriately ? Infrastructure: Determine the appropriate cabling, device, and storage technologies for a given situation ? Network Operations: Use the best practices to manage the network ? Policies: Use best practices to determine policies and ensure business continuity ? Physical Security: Understand the various physical security needs for a network and implementing appropriate solutions ? Network Security: Understand the common network attacks and securing wired and wireless networks ? Network Troubleshooting: Effectively implement network troubleshooting methodologies ? Network Tools: Use the appropriate tools to support connectivity and performance
- There is a National Certification exam available to students who successfully complete this program:
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam (Exam N10-007).
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.
See where this program is available
Louisiana State University - Shreveport
No Grant options for this school yet.