Computer Support Specialist (CompTIA A+ and Network+)
This program prepares students for a role in supporting computer users by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing computers, hardware, wired and wireless networks. Upon completing this course, students will be able to support the IT infrastructure through installing and configuring systems to secure applications, networks, and devices as well as perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques allowing end users to connect to the data they need in order to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Hardware: Identify, use, and connect hardware components and devices
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understand types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO
- Mobile Devices: Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Other OS and Technologies: Understand the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Networking Concepts: Understand the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately
- Infrastructure: Determine the appropriate cabling, device, and storage technologies for a given situation
- Network Operations: Use best practices to manage the network
- Network Security: Understand the common network attacks and securing wired and wireless networks
- Network Troubleshooting: Effectively implement network troubleshooting methodologies
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exams Core 1 (Exam 220-1001) and Core 2 (Exam 220-1002) as well as CompTIA Network+ Exam (Exam N10-007)
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.
See where this program is available
Montana State University
No Grant options for this school yet.