Project Management Professional for PMP®
Project Management Professionals have a firm understanding of the basic competencies involved in management and oversight, including areas such as effective time management, managing multiple projects simultaneously, scope and estimation of project undertaking and devising a detailed project plan alongside project risk and cost analysis. The program includes training and exam preparation for students to become a Project Management Professional (PMP®) as designated by the Project Management Institute. The PMP® is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that individuals have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct people and helps individuals to stand out to employers and maximize their earning potential overall
This program builds successful project managers at all levels of an organization. It provides a comprehensive preparation for the PMP® certification exam including exam-taking tips, 25 comprehensive module quizzes, five process group tests, and two full-length, 200-question practice exams covering the areas of interest from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), which will provide a report to help you determine your areas of weakness.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed
- Explain the five stages of a project life cycle and illustrate how these stages can overlap in time
- Demonstrate how to create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant
- Explain the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes
- Illustrate how a project's various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed
- Recognize how to effectively manage human resources and communicate with all stakeholders
- Explain the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate project activities
- Describe how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guide can be used in practice
- Use Microsoft Office®
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
NOTE: This course satisfies the requisite 35 hours of project management education necessary to sit for the exam. However, PMI requires candidates for the PMP Exam to meet additional eligibility requirements including:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent), plus 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education, OR
- A 4-year degree, plus 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner.